Part I – Diagnosis and Management of Xerostomia/Dry Mouth What’s new in 2022? Presented by Dr. Susan Zunt
This program will review the current concepts in the diagnosis and management of xerostomia (sensation of dry mouth) and dry mouth (objective reduction in the amount of saliva). We will look at the currently available over the counter products, prescription medications, prescription and direct to consumer medical devices for treatment options for dry mouth.
· Understand the rationale for use of electrical stimulator devices
· Understand how to use these devices
· Know how to prescribe electrical salivary gland stimulators.
Part II – Oral Cancer: Review of Clinical Presentation and Etiology Presented by Dr. Angela Ritchie
This course will present clinical cases of oral cancer to engage discussion.
· Describe clinical manifestations of oral cancer
· Review etiology and causative factors associated with the various types of oral cancer
Part III – Mastering Panoramic Radiographs Presented by Dr. Vinicius Dutra
This course will review the main characteristics of panoramic radiographs.
· Identify the main positioning errors and how to correct them
· Recognize the 10 secrets for the perfect pano
Meet the Faculty:
Dr. Susan Zunt is Emeritus Professor of Oral and Maxillofacial Pathology and former Chair of the Department of Oral Pathology, Medicine and Radiology at Indiana University School of Dentistry, Indianapolis, Indiana, and member of the Oral Pathology Group Laboratory diagnostic biopsy service.
Dr. Angela Ritchie is a Clinical Assistant Professor in the Dept. of Oral Pathology, Medicine and Radiology at Indiana University School of Dentistry
Dr. Vinicius Dutra is Clinical Associate Professor in the Department of Oral Pathology, Medicine and Radiology at Indiana University School of Dentistry.
Indiana University School of Dentistry social media channels